Jason Goldsmith,MD, PhD
Sifu Jason Goldsmith is the co-founder of Tactical Kung Fu and Mixed Martial Arts. Sifu Jason began studying martial arts at the age of seven. He obtained his High Green Belt in Tae Kwon Do under Hung Choi, with whom he trained until he was ten. He then began studying at Oregon Martial Arts College under Mr. Ed Ferrigan. Mr. Ferrigan’s teachings were highly based upon Wun Hop Kuen Do, however the forms studied were that of Tang So Do. In June of 1998, at the age of 15, Jason received an adult Black Belt in Tang So Do (mixed with Wun Hop Kuen Do). Around this time, Oregon Martial Art College changed ownership to Sensei Steve Ward where Jason continued to study under the Japanese kentojuku system. However, this style was significantly different from his roots of Wun Hop Kuen Do and Tang So Do. In December of 1998, Jason began to study Wun Hop Kuen Do directly under Sifu Al Dacascos in Portland, Oregon. On July 19, 2003 Jason was awarded his Black Belt in Wun Hop Kuen Do. Since that time, Jason formed and taught the Wun Hop Kuen Do club at Brandeis University while pursuing his academic studies in Biochemistry. On April 10th, 2005, Jason was awarded his 2nd Degree in Wun Hop Kuen Do from Grandmaster Al Dacascos. In July of 2006, Jason was named secretary of the Wun Hop Kuen Do International Association and was granted a proxy Sifu-ship by Grandmaster Dacascos. In September of 2006, he opened a WHKD club at UNC-CH in North Carolina, where he is pursuing his graduate studies. In the spring of 2007, Sifu Jason opened his first commercial school in the greater triangle area. On July 30th, 2007, Sifu Jason was promoted to 3rd Degree in Wun Hop Kuen Do by Grandmaster Dacascos. In June 2011, he was promoted to 4th degree. In June of 2016, he was promoted to 5th degree.
- 200 hours of teaching logged with Oregon Martial Arts College before the age of 15.
- Instructed 6 hours/week for 4 years at Brandeis University as the head of the WHKD Kung Fu Club at Brandeis.
Academic Teaching Experience:
- Instructed 3 semesters of organic chemistry lab at Brandeis University as a graduate-level teaching assistant.
- Instructed 1 semester of organic chemistry at Brandeis University as a graduate-level teaching assistant.
- Received the Emily Dudek Undergraduate Teaching Award.
- Tutored high school and college students in general chemistry and organic chemistry for 3 years.
- Tutor for UNC Varsity Athletics
Rachel Goldsmith, PhD
Simo Rachel Goldsmith is the co-founder of Tactical Kung Fu and Mixed Martial Arts. She is Sifu Jason's wife and has been a student of his since they met in college in 2002. She was his first student, and earned her black sash in June of 2011. Additionally, she studied Taekwondo Hapkido under Master Misael Rebollar and has earned her green belt.